Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
The aims of the group are to:
- Encourage positive relationships between patients and the practice staff both medical, nursing and administrative.
- To have a voice for the patient in the practice
- Identify priorities for patients and to look for small changes that can make a difference to patients and to contribute to proposals for improvements in care at the practice.
- To work constructively and positively on issues and concerns that arise, in partnership with the practice and other local health organisations.
- Carry out small research projects to find out what is important to patients and discuss any findings with the practice.
- To encourage patients to engage in their own health care by the following
- assist in organising information sessions on medical and related topics of interest to patients
- help in the organisation of self-help groups.
Membership of the Group
The group will be run by a group of patients to a maximum of 15 who are representative of all ages and are all registered at the surgery.
Patients wishing to join the group must apply to the practice by completing an application slip for approval from the practice. This information is passed to the group who will introduce the new member.
Meetings take place bimonthly on every first Thursday of the month for approximately one hour and a half.
How does this group benefit the patient?
- Patients become more responsible for their health
- Patients have a better understanding of the work of the Practice and its staff .This enables two way communication allowing the practice staff insight into the patient perspective.
- Improved communication between patients and practice staff.
- Patients have a forum to support their ideas and voice concerns.
How does this group benefit the surgery?
- The surgery can plan services jointly with patients and therefore increase effectiveness
- Get help from patients to meet their targets and objectives
- The surgery will have a forum to voice their ideas, suggestions and concerns to patients
- The surgery will become more involved with the local community.
Patient Practice Group Signup
Patient Practice Group Contact Form
Patient Practice Group Minutes Archive
Getting Your View
The group would like to contact patients on occasion by email and/or text so that they can obtain the views of the widest group of patients possible. We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.